Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shoreline Grill

Tanner was sweet and took me out to dinner last night :) and I have to say, I came away pretty impressed. The culprit: Shoreline Grill. It was a little hard to find (it's next to the Four Seasons hotel), and we had to walk 6 blocks, but it was well worth the trip. When we finally got there, the manager suggested a "special" table to the hostess. We ordered the Duck Crepes appetizer (amazing!), and I had a glass of Clayhouse Cabarnet (a little sweet, but very good). The waiter brought out a gift from the chef before our main entrees. It was smoked seabass salad served on a chip. A very nice surprise! Our entrees were the best, though. Tanner had rack of lambs with sweet potato puree and sauteed char, and I had yellowfin tuna seared rare with a lima bean cream sauce served on top of wasabi mashed potatoes. I reeeeeallllly wish we had saved room for dessert. Not only was their dessert menu as big as their dinner menu, but they had a lot of good choices! The arctic berries, flash frozen and then dipped in melted white chocolate topped with pecans almost convinced me, but my tummy was soo full at that point. I definitely recommend this place for a dinner date - romantic or casual. It looks really nice on the outside, but I saw a guy wearing flip flops :) All in all, a VERY good restaurant with excellent service. And, we came away spending less than $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment